Residency (Green Card)

An individual can obtain residency through a sponsorship or petition filed for them by someone else or, in certain specific cases such as a Cuban citizen, victim of abuse or a crime, an individual can file on their own for a green card. The most commonly used method is through the filing of an I-130 petition, which means a family member files a petition for you or through an I-140, which means an employer files a petition for you. Once the I-130 or I-140 is approved, you can file an I-485 for approval of your green card along with the affidavit of support. The spouses, parents and children under the age of 21 of U.S. citizens can adjust and obtain their green cards right away. All other qualifying family members will need to wait for a visa number to become available. Once the I-485 is filed with USCIS, you will be scheduled for a fingerprint appointment and most likely an interview. Linda Osberg-Braun will prepare you for the interview and also attend with you. While you wait for the interview, Linda will obtain a work permit and travel document for you. Once your I-485 is approved, you will be issued a green card. If you are inside the United States you will obtain your green card through an adjustment of status with USCIS. If you are outside of the United States, you will consular process into the United States through the Department of State. Whether you are a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident, Osberg-Braun Immigration can help you figure out which is the best option for you and your family in order to obtain residency status for all your family members.

Ratings and Reviews

10.0Linda Osberg-Braun, Esq.
Linda Marguerite Osberg-BraunReviewsout of 15 reviews